Product Development Specialist II
The Product Development Specialist will support the development of products for client’s packaging programs with a strong focus on managing the overall program. The ideal candidate will possess experience with paper and textile packaging components and production processes, as well as data analysis and project management skills. The Product Development Specialist will also serve as the communication liaison between luxury retail customers, internal departments, and outsourced partners in order to successfully facilitate the development phase in preparation for a high volume of production and distribution.
- Research new industry technologies and materials in order to continuously evaluate best practice and support product innovation.
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of each product and/or program that defines function, manufacturability, component cost, tooling estimates, preliminary development lead time, risk and global consistency.
- Effectively manage complex packaging programs, ensuring all program and product issues, opportunities, and inquiries are addressed, documented, monitored to resolution, and communicated internally/externally on a regular basis.
- Analyze multiple costing models for each assigned customer project/program.
- Manage projects to ensure design and construction meets all product requirements.
- Build value analysis into new development ensuring the construction and design provides the most cost-effective way to achieve the design criteria while ensuring the best function and quality.
- Manage and communicate detailed information to suppliers, customers, and other internal personnel to ensure successful development and transition of paper and textile retail packaging projects.
- Ensure that packages/components meet the needs of the client, and regulatory/environmental legislation. Develop and raise awareness of international business practices and procedures within the department
- Lead departmental and special projects as directed by the manager
- Demonstrate ability to complete all tasks with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-up
- Ensure professional, accurate, and timely communication to complete tasks and resolve issues
- Ability to learn quickly and deal with ambiguity when facing new problems; organize and plan for multiple customer accounts at one time
- Manage various projects simultaneously with a high level of organization and the ability to multitask while prioritizing based on urgency
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or similar field, or 5+ years of experience in a related role
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 4+ years of experience in project management and an understanding of print production techniques is required
- Professional experience in the luxury and/or fashion segment, creative design agency and luxury packaging industry is desired
- Superior customer service skills are required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel for completing complex costing model files
- Basic knowledge of geography, time zones, and foreign currencies is required
Perks And Benefits:
We believe our employees are our most important asset. Infinity Global offers competitive salaries and values employees with a diversified benefits package, fun company outings, and in-office benefits. Our benefits and benefits include:
- Health Insurance, Health Savings Account with company contribution, and Wellness Program
- Dental, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid-time-off, including your birthday and paid holidays
- Flexible schedules
- Break room stocked with snacks and drinks
- Comprehensive training and professional development program
- Company-sponsored outings, activities, and events
- Company-sponsored charitable events and donations