ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: Accounts Payable Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Danville, Virginia
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for the successful processing of all payables within the organization. This position will coordinate with vendors and parties within Infinity Global to gather information and ensure the accuracy of payments and coding. The AP Coordinator will adhere to authorization and approval protocols, and demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in their work.
- Calculates, posts business transactions, processes invoices, verifies financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provides other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization.
- Clarifies any questionable invoice items, prices, or receiving signatures; obtains proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments.
- Investigates and settles problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Reconciles accounts and vendor statements by identifying errors in postings or omissions and corrects discrepancies.
- Codes invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Prepares purchase order requisitions; matches and attaches the corresponding purchase orders, checks, and other supporting documentation to incoming invoices; ensures that all invoices are accurate and have been properly documented and approved by the authorizing employee, and submits payments.
- Assembles invoices to be completed for payment.
- Verifies all addresses and Federal ID numbers of vendors if available; calculates all extensions and totals on invoices, calculating and taking discounts when applicable; verifies all coding, reviews invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval, checking vendor files for any previous payments; assigns voucher numbers.
- Maintains copies of vouchers, invoices, or correspondence necessary for files.
- May prepare vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, and Federal ID number, item description, amounts, and coding per accounting policies and procedures.
- May type periodic reports and other records.
- Handles vendor correspondence via phone or email; receives, researches, and resolves internal and external inquiries concerning account status.
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Processes remittance information from checks, drafts, and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors; determines proper disposition and credits accounts appropriately.
- Prepares required reporting documents and month-end closings.
- Demonstrate ability to complete all tasks with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-up
- Ensure professional, accurate, and timely communication to complete tasks and resolve issues
- Analyze and problem-solve effectively and efficiently
- Work calmly and effectively in a deadline-driven environment
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all tasks
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or 3 years of experience in corporate accounting
- 3-5 years of general accounting experience required
- Expertise in invoicing processes and account reconciliations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask/prioritize based on urgency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Preferred familiarity with Great Plains Dynamics or similar accounting software
- Knowledge of multi-currency transactions
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We believe our employees are our most important asset. Infinity Global offers competitive salaries and values employees with a diversified benefits package, fun company outings, and in-office perks. Our perks and benefits include:
- Health Insurance, Health Savings Account with company contribution, and Wellness Program
- Dental, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid-time-off, including your birthday and paid holidays
- Flexible schedules
- Break room stocked with snacks and drinks
- Comprehensive training and professional development program
- Company-sponsored outings, activities, and events
- Company-sponsored charitable events and donations